Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hard to decipher

I'm having a hard time trying to seperate what characteristics are part of OCD or what's part of the Eating disorder I'm accused of having.

I find myself measuring out tbsp's of dressing and counting out baby carrots. Did you know for every 8 baby carrots there are 35 calories and 70 calories in the 2 tbsp's of dressing that you eat with them. It's HORRIBLE and I don't know how to stop it. It's like some form of curse that somebody has put on me that no matter how hard I try to not cut things up in small pieces, or arrange things on the plate or count baby carrots (for instance) I just can't stop doing it. It's become such a habit that it's "normal" routine. If I'm not cutting things small, making big meals, counting carrots I find that I have a HUGE amount of anxiety, even on 6 mg of Ativan a day.

So with this thought, I've arrived at the conclusion that it's OCD suffering rather than eating disorder.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It can be difficult to distinguish the difference between an eating disorder and obsessive-compulsive traits. If you need some help figuring this out, try this quiz developed by the Center for Eating Disorders at Sheppard Pratt(www.eatingdisorder.org/about_eating_disorders/resources/quiz.php) to help identify if these traits are just uber-healthy, OCD or if you may need help dealing with an eating disorder.