Tuesday, October 30, 2007

No Plan yet

I'm gonna try and get some of the history mixed in here, because as we all know history is important when speaking in terms of medical/psychological situations.



So the psychologist, on our second meeting in early October, decided I was bulimic. We had already established that I had obsessive tendancies towards cleaning, and other matters. Which healthcare professional working in a hospital doesn't have a touch of OCD or thoughts of cleanliness???



I was rathered disturbed by the bulimic diagnosis, or maybe it was just the way that it was delivered in such a cold and matter-of-fact manner. I had made a statement to the Dr. Psychologist that the medical doctor hadn't officially diagnosed me with anything during our visit three days prior and of course that I felt I didn't have a problem. She sharply replied with "No that's my job, so I'm going to come right out and say it, I think you have bulimia"



FLOORED and not knowing how to respond, my head dropped to my knees. How could this lady sit there (so proper and of course skinny) and tell me that she thinks I have issues with food, I've only talked with her twice. She doesn't know me from Eve. Of course the rest of our 28 minute visit was not productive. I sat in dismay, staring at the floor wondering what the next step was. Was this lady going to continue to harp on me about the poor decisions I was making or was she finally going to offer some sort of productive insight?

1 comment:

Phillip R Goodman said...

this woman needs a crash course in bedside manner, harping on you about your bad decissions your right that isn't productive seems like she was actively trying to overwhelm you.